Don't let a disaster — and the lack of a home inventory — hinder your financial future by needing to use your retirement savings or your children's college funds to purchase items the insurance company could have funded. We are committed to creating a professional personal property inventory, and a nationally certified inventory will provide you with the tools to properly recover from a major loss. Without this document prepared prior to your loss, it can take up to 4 to 12 months to gather the information your adjuster and insurance company need to begin the claims process. If you have an inventory, and a disaster does occur, your initial claim can be quickly submitted within 24 to 36 hours.
Everyone works hard to have the financial ability to purchase their personal property; however, few of us can afford to not recover the losses that occur due to fires, storms, burglaries or other catastrophes. Protect your family's financial stability with a nationally certified home inventory.
Disaster preparedness/recovery isn't the only reason you need a list of your belongings. You will also benefit from this information for:
- Moving - items are all too often misplaced or damaged.
- Storage - thefts and floods are not uncommon in storage facilities. The list of items stored will be imperative to prove loss.
- Pre-nuptial agreemenets - helps prove value of each person's assets, plus it gives the adult children a sense of security with regard to their inheritance because it is documented prior to the wedding.
- Divorce - proves value of the household to ensure a proper split of assets. If the other spouse owns a business, professionally documented list ensures accurate asset value claims.
- Estate planning - plans made in advance of the time they're needed are a comfort to those who would otherwise have to struggle to pull information together at a time they are least likely to be at their best.
- Estate settlement - executors are most often an adult child, and the duties and responsibilities are often overwhelming. The time, stress and turmoil can be alleviated by using the services of an inventory company.
- Proof of uninsured losses claimed on your income tax returns.
To ensure complete confidentiality, you will work directly with the owners. Our concern for the security of client information is a priority, beginning with the first phone call. No one else will have access to your records.